12-17-2015, 09:47 AM
Dreams about singing or hearing music or a song may be a way of processing and/or expressing your emotions. The lyrics or title may contain a message or advice you need to hear. Consider the original artist or composer of the song for a message. Also consider the emotional tone of the music and the lyrics and how it may relate to how you are feeling in waking life.
- Singing or hearing a soothing and harmonious song or music may symbolize harmony and happiness.
- Music and singing can be healing to the body, mind and soul and so healing may be taking place in the dream.
- Music may represent an arrangement or making arrangements or plans.
- Singing may be a form of self-expression and creativity.
- A dream about singing on stage or singing in front of an audience may suggest that you are wanting or needing someone to listen to you in waking life.
- If you are singing in church you may be connecting with your spiritual self or expressing unconditional love and gratitude.
- If you hear someone else singing you may be allowing someone else to speak for you, or you may need to hear the words they are singing.
- Discordant music or music that is out of tune may represent unhappiness or a lack of harmony and trouble in a relationship.
These are some common idioms related to singing and music that may or may not make sense in the context of your dream. You may think of others which can help you determine what your dream means to you.
- • Sing someone's praises. (To praise someone profusely.)
- • Sing for your supper. (To do something for someone in order to receive something in return.)
- • Go into a song and dance about something. (To start telling a long and deceptive story.)
- • Buy or sell something for a song. (To buy or sell something cheaply.)
- • Their swan song. (Their final performance or appearance.)
- • Music to my ears. (News I am happy to hear.)
- • Face the music. (Deal with the consequences of your actions.)
- • Pay attention to the lyrics -- there may be a message you need to hear.
- • The music and lyrics you hear may be used to write a song in waking life.
- • Consider your associations to the song, singer or composer – where have you heard it? How might it apply to some aspect of waking life?