12-17-2015, 09:05 AM
The weather in a dream is often indicative of the overall emotional tone of the dream. How do you feel about the rain in the dream? What aspect of your waking life most closely matches this emotion?
- Interpretations of rain in dreams
Dreaming of Rain and/or stormy skies may represent depression or sadness; it may also symbolize the cleansing and releasing of negative emotions and energy.
- A light ran, drizzle or shower may suggest a negative mood or situation is passing quickly or isn’t as bad as you thought it might be.
- Dreaming of a raging storm with heavy winds and heavy rains may represent repressed anger or rage being released; or it may symbolize turmoil or conflict in your waking life. Thunder may be bringing your attention to something – are you listening – do you hear that? Lightning may represent enlightenment, insight, or an illumination of something; or it may represent something that you find shocking.
- Dreaming about it raining as you watch it from inside may suggest you are not allowing yourself to fully feel your emotions; or you may be seeing a difficult time coming ahead.
- Being outside as it rains may suggest you are allowing yourself to fully feel and express your emotions; or you may be feeling overwhelmed and unable to find shelter or assistance in dealing with the stressors in life.
- What Does It Mean When You Dream About a Rainbow?
A dream of a Rainbow may imply hope and the end to bad times; may also represent wishful thinking -- you may be looking or hoping for the pot of gold at the other end of the Rainbow.
- What Does It Mean When You Dream About an Umbrella?
Dreaming of an umbrella and it is raining may be suggesting that you have the resources you need to protect yourself from a negative situation; may also suggest that you have your emotions under control. If the umbrella is closed, you may not be using the resources at your disposal.
- Dreaming of having an umbrella when it is not raining may suggest being pessimistic, overly prepared or the worst is over and you no longer need it.
- What Does It Mean When You Dream About a Raincoat?
Dreaming of wearing a raincoat while it is raining may be suggesting that you have the resources you need to protect yourself from a negative situation; may also suggest that you are dealing with your emotions without being overwhelmed.
- Dreaming of wearing a raincoat when it is not raining may suggest being pessimistic, overly prepared or you may be afraid that there is more sadness or negativity ahead.
These are some common idioms related to rain that may or may not make sense in the context of your dream. You may think of others which can help you determine what your rain dream means to you.
- • right as rain (perfectly fine)
- • come in out of the rain (seek shelter from the rain; wake up to reality; come down to earth)
- • don’t know enough to come in out of the rain (to be very stupid)
- • come rain or shine (nothing will prevent it from happening)
- • give or get a rain check (to offer or accept an invitation that was cancelled or postponed to a later date; a chance to buy an out-of-stock item at the current sale price at a future date)
- • rain on someone’s parade (spoil someone’s plans or expectations)
- • How do you feel about the rain? For instance, you may be walking in the rain and it may feel cleansing and joyful, or it may just leave you feeling cold and “all wet”/wrong.
- • Are you outside in the rain or watching it from inside? (Are you experiencing your emotions or holding them inside?)
- • Is it pouring or drizzling?
- • Is there thunder and lightning?