12-17-2015, 01:22 AM
Pregnancy is all about the creation and development of life, so dreaming of being pregnant may be a metaphor for the birth of something in your life, such as a new idea, project or goal. It may also symbolize an aspect of yourself that is developing or growing.
- Being pregnant may also symbolize creativity in general or the creation of a specific work of art or project. It may also suggest the potential or opportunity for growth; or may represent the beginning of something new, such as a relationship or job.
- Does it mean I really am pregnant?
The dream may be prodromal, meaning that you may be in the early stages of gestation; especially if you had intercourse just prior to the dream.
- If you are trying to get pregnant in waking life then dreaming that you are may be a continuation of your waking life thoughts; or wish fulfillment. It may also be a rehearsal dream, preparing you for when you do become pregnant in waking life.
- Dreaming of being pregnant may also be due to a fear of being pregnant, especially if you've recently had unprotected sex and don’t want to be pregnant.
- Other things to consider
The idiom, a pregnant pause, comes to mind and so may be a reference to a waking life situation where there was an awkward silence after someone said or did something that left everyone speechless due to the importance or gravity of the situation; or perhaps you overheard something that shocked you or left you speechless.
- Remember to consider how you feel about being pregnant in waking life – and how you felt in the dream.