12-17-2015, 12:07 AM
Rarely do we live and work in the same place all our waking lives. We often go through major life changes requiring us to move from one house to another and/or from one job to another and so dreaming of moving may suggest that you are going through a major life change – leaving the past behind and preparing for what lies ahead.
- May represent a need or desire to ‘move on’ to something new.
- May represent an end to a relationship or other major aspect of life.
- Dreaming of packing boxes
May symbolize putting the past behind. You may be holding on to too many things, issues or memories and need to let something go.
- You may be preparing for a change in life.
- May suggest you are trying to hide or repress your emotions or memories.
- Dreaming of Unpacking boxes
May indicate you are opening yourself up and you are ready to deal with the issues you have been repressing or denying.
- May symbolize preparing to settle down in one place.
- Packing/Unpacking a suitcase
Packing a suitcase may represent the burdens, or baggage (old hurts and memories), you are carrying around with you.
- Unpacking a suitcase may suggest you are ready to release or let go of these burdens or extra baggage.
These are some common idioms related to moving and packing that may or may not make sense in the context of your dream. You may think of others which can help you determine what your dream means to you.
- • Make a move (take action).
- • Move over! (Give me room; get out of my way).
- • Moving out/moving on (leaving and going on to something new).
- • Moving up (to advance to a higher rank or level).
- • Pack it in (give up).
- • A pack of lies (everything said is a lie).
- • A pack rat (someone who saves everything).
- • What am I moving and/or packing?
- • Do I know why I am moving or where I am moving to?
- • Is someone helping me or am I on my own?
- • How do I feel while I am packing or moving?
- • How might packing or moving relate to my waking life?