12-16-2015, 07:27 PM
Death and dying are among the most common dream themes reported. The biggest fear people have about these dreams is that the dream may come true. While dreaming of death might appear to be negative, the fact is that these dreams usually relate to positive changes that are occurring within the dreamer or the dreamer’s life.
- Dreaming of death or dying may symbolize a phase in your life has come to an end and something new is beginning.
- May represent an aspect of yourself that has died, so something new can emerge.
- May symbolize overcoming a bad habit or behavior.
- May represent the end of a relationship.
- Since the people in your dreams often depict different aspects of yourself, then the person you see dead or dying is important to deciphering the dream. What does this person represent to you? For instance, a child dying can symbolize you are maturing in some way and leaving a childish aspect of yourself behind.
These are some common idioms related to death and dying that may or may not make sense in the context of your dream. You may think of others which can help you determine the interpretation of your dream.
- • Dying to know (to be eager to know about something).
- • Cowards die many times before their death. (Cowards are always afraid they will die, they worry for nothing because they rarely do die.)
- • Die away (fade away).
- • Die down (decrease gradually).
- • It’s do or die. (You must take a big risk in order to escape failure.)
- • If you live by the sword, you will die by the sword. (You will be a victim by the same means you use to get what you want.)
- • Never say die! (Don’t give up.)
- • The die is cast. (Events have occurred that cannot be changed which will lead to an inevitable outcome.)
- • It’s to die for. (It’s really good.)
- • A death trap (a dangerous situation).
- • A matter of life and death (critical; urgent).
- • Bored to death (very bored).
- • At death's door (very ill; dying).
- • Who is dying?
- • What part of me might this character represent?
- • What changes are occurring in my waking life that the dream may be addressing?