12-16-2015, 08:06 PM
Dreaming of elephants may represent your memory in general or a specific, perhaps repressed, memory that may be trying to emerge from your unconscious; may be referencing something from your past that you keep remembering or bringing up and which you need to release or let go as it no longer applies to the present.
- Other interpretations of dreams about an elephant
Dreaming about Elephants may be an indication that you need to remember something or is reminding you not to forget something important; may represent someone big and powerful; or something big you are dealing with in waking life.
- A herd of elephants may symbolize being overwhelmed by a problem or situation; or it may be a pun for something that you “heard”.
- Riding one may be symbolic of overcoming your fear of your past or dealing with the memories from your past; may represent you are overcoming or dealing with a big issue or problem in waking life.
- It may be a reference to American politics or a member of the Republican Party.
- If you are afraid of it, there may be a memory or big problem that you are afraid of confronting or dealing with.
- Dreaming of a baby elephant may symbolize a problem that appears to be small or insignificant at the moment but has the potential of getting much bigger in the future.
These are some common idioms that reference an elephant, which may or may not make sense in the context of your dream. You may think of others which can help you determine the interpretation of your elephant dream.
- • seeing pink elephants (drunk)
- • a white elephant (something that costs a lot of money to keep up or maintain and has no purpose or use)
- • a memory like an elephant (have an excellent memory)
- • the elephant in the room (the truth or problem that no one is acknowledging)