12-17-2015, 12:04 AM
If you are a woman, your mother or mother-in-law may be representing an aspect of yourself that you need to examine more closely.
- If you are a man, your mother or mother-in-law may represent your anima, or the feminine aspects within you which are often repressed and need to be accepted and incorporated within as part of the process of individuation or becoming whole.
- Meaning of Mother in a Dream
Your mother in a dream may represent your mother herself or your relationship with her.
- She may represent positive aspects of her that need to be incorporated or nurtured within you, or negative aspects within you that you need to release.
- A dream about your mother may represent your natural "mothering" nature or the way you nurture and care for others.
- She may be telling you that you need to nurture some aspect of yourself or take care of yourself better.
- She may represent wisdom, authority or a controlling aspect of yourself.
- She may suggest that you need to get more in touch with the mother aspect of yourself.
- Talking to your mother in a dream
May indicate you have a problem to solve or a decision to make and you are seeking advice from a wiser aspect of yourself.
- You may have something that you need to talk to her about in waking life.
- If you are a woman
She may represent yourself as a mother figure or the woman you can potentially become.
- If you see a mother in a dream, or dream about being a mother, it may be your unconscious telling you that you are pregnant or that the time is right for you to start a family of your own.
- If you are a man
She may represent your anima, or the feminine aspects within you.
- She may represent your ideal woman or what you might be looking for in a spouse or partner.
- Mother-in-law dream meaning
Your dream interpretation of your mother-in-law will vary depending on your relationship with her. If you have a good relationship it will be positive and if you have difficult relationship it is likely to be negative and may be offering ways to improve it; or may be addressing an internal struggle (within yourself) and the relationship you have with her may hold the answer to resolving it.
- Your mother-in-law may represent herself; or she may represent an aspect of yourself that you are projecting on to her – there may be something you don’t like about your mother-in-law that you, yourself, are guilty of, too.
- Your mother-in-law may symbolize someone else who influences or controls your spouse or you.
- Meaning of Mother or Mother-in-Law Dying
To dream of your mother dying may represent a change in your relationship with her or your perspective of her. As you mature, your views of mother may change from seeing her as “mommy” to seeing her as a person separate from yourself. This change in perspective may result in a dream about “mommy” fading or dying away.
- To dream of your mother-in-law dying may represent a change in your relationship with her or your perspective of her. As you get to know one another, you may go from seeing her as “his mother” to a friend or second mother. This change in perspective may result in a dream about your initial thoughts about her fading or dying away.
- Mother or mother-in-law dying may symbolize a positive aspect of yourself that you are denying or neglecting which is dying within you, or a negative aspect of yourself that you are releasing.
- Visitation from dead Mother or Mother-in-Law
A dream about your mother or mother-in-law that has passed away may be any of the above suggested interpretations.
- It may be a “visitation” dream – it may be that she has a message or advice she is trying to convey or she may just be letting you know there is no need to worry about her because she is OK on the other side.
- It may be a result of you missing her and wishing she were still here with you, especially if you are still grieving her loss and think about her often while you are awake.
These are some common idioms that may or may not make sense in the context of your dream. You may think of others which can help you determine what your dream means to you.
- • Like mother, like daughter. (women tend to do as their mother did)
- • Necessity is the Mother of Invention (When you need to figure out how to do something -- you will.)
- • Mother Nature (the force that controls the natural world)
- • Like mother's milk (nurturing and comforting)
- • When you think of your mother or mother-in-law, what character traits come to mind?
- • Think about how these traits may, or may not, be incorporated in you and if, or how, you want to be more (or less) like her.