12-17-2015, 09:35 AM
Dreams about school are among the most common dream themes. If you are taking or trying to take a test in school also see the meaning of Exam dreams, which is another common dream theme.
- You go back to school for other reasons besides taking a test, usually there is a lesson that you learned back then that you may need to remember; or you are learning something in the dream; or the there is an opportunity to learn something in life that the dream is bringing to your attention.
- Being in school may be bringing you back to a childhood memory that needs to be addressed. The grade you are in may indicate the time of life the dream is set in or the level of maturity you are at in the dream (for instance, you may be acting like you are in junior high school); or something in your waking life is reminding you of someone or something from your past when you were in school.
- Types of Schools in dreams
An elementary or primary school dream may be indicating something is “elementary” – simple or fundamental, which you may be making or perceiving as more difficult then it is.
- A dream about high school may be coming from your Higher Self or the lesson being learned may be of high importance.
- Being in College may be a reference to your college days or a relationship from that period; may represent a lesson to be learned; or it may suggest you are experimenting or trying something new, as college students often do.
- Being in a class may represent a learning experience or it may be a metaphor for classifying or rating someone or something; or it may suggest that you need more class or you need to behave better.
- Meanings of Student and Teacher in a Dream
A student may represent an aspect of yourself. You are learning something in the dream, or you have an opportunity to learn something new in waking life, which you may not be taking advantage of.
- A teacher may represent an aspect of yourself that teaches others or is teaching yourself something, either in the dream or in waking life; or it may represent your "higher self", spirit or a guide.
These are some common idioms related to school that may or may not make sense in the context of your dream. You may think of others which can help you determine the interpretation of your school dream.
- • Old school (old ways of thinking or doing things).
- • Don’t tell tales out of school. (Don’t gossip.)
- • The school of hard knocks (life experiences that teach you a lesson).
- • Cut school (play hookey; skip class without an excuse).
- • Teacher's pet (a teacher’s favorite student).
- • Experience is the best teacher. (You’ll learn more from experiencing life than from listening to others.)
- • Am I the teacher or a student?
- • What lesson do I need to learn?
- • Where in waking life might I learn something new?
- • Is there a basic life lesson that I have forgotten?
- • Am I learning from my past mistakes?