12-16-2015, 11:34 PM
Dreaming of love may be reflecting a love of Self or is a reminder to love yourself. It may be that you are learning to love and accept yourself or a new aspect of Self.
- May be indicating that you have accepted certain qualities of the one you love in the dream and are incorporating them into your own psyche.
- May be a reflection of how you are feeling about someone in waking life or it may reflect a new realization of how you feel about someone.
- Love dreams may be simple wish fulfillment or fantasies and may be compensating for what is missing in your waking life.
- It may be you are rehearsing or practicing how to love someone or how you want to be loved by someone. You may be trying to figure out what your ideal mate would be like.
- You may be dreaming of love because you need to more openly express your love for someone close to you or to others in general.
- Dreams incorporating feelings of love may be healing to the physical, emotional and/or spiritual bodies.
These are some common idioms related to love that may or may not make sense in the context of your dream. You may think of others which can help you determine what your dream means to you.
- • Make love (have sex).
- • Make love, not war (be kind, don’t fight).
- • A labor of love (work you do because it brings you pleasure).
- • Love child (a child born of unwed parents).
- • Love handles (extra fat around the middle of one's body).
- • Love makes the world go around. (Love is the most important thing there is and is the reason why we do what we do.)
- • Love is blind. (You can’t see the faults in someone that you are in love with.)
- • The course of true love never did run smooth. (People in love with each other often have to overcome difficulties in order to be or stay together.)
- • Who is it that I love in the dream or who is loving me?
- • How is this love being expressed?
- • Do I feel the same way about this person in waking life?
- • If so, have I told them how I feel?
- • If not, why not? Perhaps I need to think more about this person or our relationship.
- • Can this person be representing a quality or characteristic rather than themselves?
- • Is there something about this person that I love which I need to integrate more of within myself?