12-16-2015, 08:23 PM
Dreams about eyes may be referring to your sense of sight, your perception of the world around you or your insight,
- May be a pun on “I” and may be telling you that you need to look closer into or at yourself.
- May be a pun on the word "aye" giving you the go ahead, approval or agreement of something.
- Dreams about Your Eyes
To see your eyes open may symbolize knowing and accepting the facts and a willingness to move ahead “with your eyes wide open” because you are totally aware of the situation.
- To see your eyes closed may symbolize a refusal to see or accept something; or the dream may be telling you that you need to trust that can do something because you can do it “with your eyes closed”; or may be telling you to get more “shut eye” because you need more sleep.
- Crossed eyes may represent not seeing straight about something.
- Your eyes bleeding may symbolize the sacrifices you have made; or it may suggest you are experiencing a deep hurt inside.
- A dream about having something in your eye may symbolize something that is preventing you from seeing something or someone clearly; or you may be trying to hide your tears or pain from yourself or others.
- Dreams about Someone Else’s Eyes
Seeing or looking into someone’s eyes that you know may be symbolizing an intimate connection or understanding between the two of you; you are seeing “eye-to-eye.”
- To see or look into a stranger’s eyes may be an indication that you are not recognizing yourself; or you are not being true to yourself; may also suggest that you are not seeing someone as they really are, you may need to take another look at them and trust your insight.
- To dream of two pairs of eyes may be telling you to have “another pair of eyes”, or someone else, look over or examine something closely.
- To dream of many pairs of eyes may symbolize feeling like “all eyes are on you” waiting to see what you will do next; you may be feeling like you are being watched or judged by others.
- Meanings of Eye Color
A dream about blue, green, grey, brown or violet eyes may represent someone who has that color of eyes.
- Green eyes may symbolize seeing someone through jealous eyes.
- Blue eyes may symbolize sadness, grief or depression.
- A black eye may represent an inner conflict; an argument you had with someone; or an insult or bruised ego or character.
- To dream of red eyes may symbolize “seeing red” or being angry; or may symbolize pain and crying.
These are some common idioms related to eyes that may or may not make sense in the context of your dream. You may think of others which can help you determine what your dream means to you.
- • A roving eye (to be attracted to someone other than your significant other; always on the lookout for a potential sexual partner).
- • All eyes and ears (to be listening and watching eagerly and carefully).
- • An eye for an eye (those who do something wrong should suffer the same punishment).
- • In the eye of the storm (in the middle of a troubling or difficult situation).
- • Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. (People have different ideas about what is beautiful.)
- • Bedroom eyes (indicating an interest in having sex).
- • Out the corner of your eye (only briefly noticed, not fully seen),
- • Have eyes in the back of your head (seeming to be able to see things that are out of sight; to be aware of everything that is happening around you),
- • In the blink of an eye (very quickly).
- • Keep an eye on something (to watch something carefully).
- • The eyes are the window to the soul (you can see the "real" person when you look into their eyes).
- • Your third eye (your mind's eye; intuition).
- • More than meets the eye (there’s more to someone or something than what you can see).
- • Pull the wool over someone's eyes (to deceive someone).