12-16-2015, 05:31 PM
Dreams about airplanes, like dreams about all modes of transportation, may be addressing the path you are on in life, how fast you are moving and how much you are in control of your life. Consider what the plane is doing, who you are and where you are on the plane for further insight.
- What is the plane doing?
Dreams about planes taking off may symbolize a new project, plan, relationship or opportunity may be about to "take off" or get started.
- Dreaming you are airborne may suggest you are reaching new heights or levels of achievement in your career or you may be reaching higher levels of spirituality or consciousness; may also represent attaining or reaching for your high ideals or goals in life.
- Hitting turbulence may symbolize obstacles along the way.
- If the plane is banking or turning left or right it may suggest that a slight detour from your “flight plan” is needed; or you have changed directions or your plans have changed or you may be “off course.”
- Dreaming of an airplane landing may symbolize a project, relationship or phase of life may be coming to an end.
- Dreaming that your flight is cancelled may represent an unsuccessful plan, project or relationship that never got off the ground.
- Who are you on the plane?
The pilot or navigator may represent being in control over where you are going and how you are getting there.
- The flight attendant symbolizes someone that is meeting others needs and so may represent neglecting your own needs to satisfy others.
- If you are a passenger, you may be giving control of your life and future to others; you may be going along with the crowd or following instead of leading; or you may be relying on others to get you to where you want or need to go.
- Where are you on the plane?
Sitting in the cockpit may symbolize being in the best possible position to “oversee” or be in control of not only yourself, but of others, too; may represent a leadership role.
- Sitting in First Class may symbolize feeling special, or deserving of special treatment.
- Sitting in Economy Class may suggest feeling ordinary; or may symbolize being financially responsible, cheap or fiscally challenged.
- Sitting in Business Class may represent having a job to do or being overworked.
- If you are in a window seat, you may have a higher perspective or see the “big picture” but may be not in a position to act on it; or you may only be seeing one side of a situation or argument.
- Sitting on the aisle may suggest you are looking for an easy or quick way out of a situation; or you may be considering “walking down the aisle” (getting married).
- Sitting in the middle seat may symbolize feeling crowded or blocked in, lacking freedom or elbow room.
- Dreaming About a Plane Crashing
Dreaming of an airplane crashing may be a metaphor for some aspect of your life that is in danger of ending quickly and unexpectedly; may be an indication that your goals or ideals are too high and unattainable; or it may be symbolize your self-doubt and lack of self-confidence in attaining these goals.
- Plane may be a pun on “plane” meaning to smooth out bumps, nicks or rough spots, so it may represent something in waking life that needs to be smoothed over or leveled off.
- Plane may also be a pun on “plain” meaning ordinary, simple or unadorned.
- Do I know where the plane is going and is that where I want to go?
- Am I the pilot, navigator, flight attendant or passenger?
- Where am I sitting?
- Is it a smooth flight or a bumpy ride?