12-16-2015, 09:27 PM
Dreaming of a gun may represent fear, anger or aggression; or may be a symbol of power or control; may also suggest that you feel you need to protect or defend yourself.
- Other Interpretations of gun dreams
A gun may be a phallic symbol. Firing it may symbolize ejaculation. If it misfires, it may symbolize impotence or feeling powerless.
- Dreaming of a revolver may be a metaphor for "going around in circles"; or it may be a metaphor for a "revolving" credit card.
- Hiding a handgun may indicate that you are repressing your anger. Holding one may suggest you are in danger of losing your temper or you may be trying to control or intimidate someone.
These are some common idioms related to guns that may or may not make sense in the context of your dream. You may think of others which can help you determine what your gun dream means to you.
- • under the gun (under pressure due to a deadline)
- • beat the gun (to finish before time is up)
- • gun for someone (to seek someone in anger)
- • jump the gun (take action too early)
- • stick to your guns (don’t give up)
- • a smoking gun (proof of guilt)
- • he’s/she’s a pistol (someone that is likely to get into trouble due to their energetic exuberance and quick reactions)
- • A revolver may be a metaphor for "going around in circles"; or it may be a metaphor for a "revolving" credit card.