12-16-2015, 08:57 PM
Dreaming of a funeral often elicits waking life fear that someone is going to die. This is rarely the case since, like most dreams, funeral dreams are usually metaphorical and may represent something inside or some aspect of Self that has died; or may symbolize some aspect of waking life is coming to end or is being put to rest.
- Common funeral dream interpretations
To dream of attending a funeral may symbolize the ending of a waking life situation or a relationship; or it may indicate that you are burying or repressing emotions or memories instead of dealing with them directly.
- Alternately, you may be putting something to rest; i.e., feelings of resentment or anger; or you may be burying or letting go of the past so you can begin anew.
- Consider the characteristics or traits of the person that has died for a clue as to what part of you or your life has died or is being repressed or buried.
- To dream of a funeral for someone that has already died suggests that the grieving process is ending and you are prepared to move on.
These are some common idioms related to a funeral that may or may not make sense in the context of your dream. You may think of others which can help you determine what your dream means to you.
- • It's your funeral. (You will have to pay the dire consequences of your actions.)
- • Dream of a funeral and you hear of a wedding. (An old wives tale that says that dreaming of a funeral means someone will be getting married.)
- • Consider the characteristics or traits of the person that has died for a clue as to what part of you or your life the funeral may be connected.