12-16-2015, 08:48 PM
A forest or the woods in a dream may represent the unconscious.
- The saying, “You can't see the forest for the trees” comes to mind which means that you can't see the big picture because you are concentrating on the little details; you may be unable to see or understand what is right in front of you; or it may be an indication that you are lost in details or focused on one thought or problem.
- May symbolize a fear of the unknown or unseen.
- Woods in a dream may also represent fertility, life, renewal and the spiritual aspects of yourself.
- Being lost in a forest or the woods in a dream may symbolize being lost or confused -- you need to trust your instincts to find your way out; or you may be exploring your unconscious to “find yourself”.
- Finding your way out of the woods may suggest you are “out of the woods” or “in the clear” in some dangerous or critical phase of a situation in waking life.
These are some other puns and common idioms related to forest and woods that may or may not make sense in the context of your dream. You may think of others which can help you determine what your dream means to you.
- • "Woods" may be a pun on something you “would” do.
- • A babe in the woods (an inexperienced or naïve person)
- • Fields have eyes, and woods have ears. (Beware: someone may be eavesdropping on you, even if you can’t see them.)
- • In your neck of the woods (in your area or neighborhood)
- • Do bears shit in the woods? (A question you ask when the answer is obviously “yes”)
When you are lost in the forest, consider asking yourself the following:
- • Is the sun shining through (is there any enlightenment)?
- • Is there a path to follow, even if it's covered or hidden?
- • What's lurking behind the trees?
- • What else is in the forest?