12-16-2015, 06:53 PM
A dream about a child may suggest that there is a new aspect of yourself that is beginning to emerge; may represent an aspect of yourself that needs to mature and grow up; or may symbolize a part of you that needs to be nurtured, loved and accepted.
- Children in a dream may represent innocence or a naïve aspect of yourself; may suggest that you have repressed desires and unfulfilled hopes that you are trying to satisfy.
- Dreaming of children may occur at times in life when you may not be acting very grown-up. They may represent childish or childlike beliefs or behaviors. They may symbolize dependency on others or a fear of being unable to take care of yourself.
- Meaning of Dreaming of your own Child
All of the above may apply when you dream of your own child, or it may be that your waking life anxieties and concerns about your child are continuing in your dreams; may also be representing you when you were the same age. Something during waking life may be similar to an event from your own childhood and there may be a lesson to learn from your past experience – so you don’t make the same mistakes your parents did.
- Meaning of Dreaming of Yourself as a Child
Dreaming of yourself as a child may suggest that you are feeling overwhelmed by your daily responsibilities and you want someone else to protect and care for you; or it may symbolize your naïveté or inexperience in some aspect of life. Alternately, you may be remembering something from your past which was triggered by a recent waking life event; or you may have recently exhibited some childish behavior.
- The Death of a Child dream meaning
A dream about the death of a child may be an indication that you are maturing – an immature aspect of yourself has died or is no longer needed; or you may have relinquished a childish belief.
These are some common idioms related to children that may or may not make sense in the context of your dream. You may think of others which can help you determine what your dream means to you.
- • Children and fools tell the truth. (Children and fools don't know that it’s sometimes better to lie.)
- • Children should be seen and not heard. (Children shouldn't speak when around adults.)