12-16-2015, 07:48 PM
Dreams about driving may represent the control you have over where you are going in life. Remember that the Driver is the one making decisions about the direction taken and how fast you get there. Are you driving or are you a passenger?
- What does it mean if you are the driver?
A dream about driving a car may indicate how well you are in control of where you are going and if you are taking responsibility for your actions. Do you know where you are going and how to get there?
- If you are driving, is there anyone in the vehicle with you? If not, you may not have the support you need. If yes, you may be relying on the wrong people; or you may be taking someone for a ride or exerting your control over them.
- Reckless Driving
Dreams about driving off a cliff or a bridge, driving and crashing, speeding and/or losing control of the vehicle may represent bad decisions you are making; or the dream may be suggesting that you are being irresponsible in your actions; or it may be warning you that you are being reckless when you drive or reckless in other aspects of waking life.
- What does it mean if you are a passenger?
If you are a passenger in a car, you may be allowing someone else to control you or your life; or you may be feeling you have no control over your life; or you may not be taking responsibility for your actions.
- You may just be going along for the ride or following the crowd.
- Someone may be “taking you for a ride” or deceiving you.
- The road you are on
The road you are on in the dream may represent the direction you are headed in or a current goal in life. If the road is straight and narrow, it may suggest that all things are working out well. If the road is winding or bumpy, it may reflect the changes and/or obstacles you are encountering along the way. A fork in the road may signify you must make a decision in life.
- If the road is dark ahead of you then you may not be able to see, or you are unsure about, your future or where you are going; you may have no plans for the future.
- Do you know where the road leads? If not, you may be feeling lost and/or have no direction in life.
- Have you been on this road before? If yes, you may be repeating the same mistakes in life.
- Is there anyone on the road with you? If not, you may be going the wrong way or you may be feeling alone; you may be taking an untried or difficult path to reach your destination; you may be going where no one has gone before.
These are some common idioms related to driving that may or may not make sense in the context of your dream. You may think of others which can help you determine what your dream means to you.
- • drive a hard bargain (negotiate well in your favor)
- • drive a wedge between two people (do something to spoil their relationship)
- • drive someone crazy (to annoy or irritate someone)
- • What are you driving at? (What are you implying?)
- • In the driver's seat (to be in control)
- • backseat driver (giving directions without authority or without a clear vision)
- • Sunday driver (someone who drives only occasionally and is usually a bad driver)
- • designated driver (the one responsible for driving when others are drinking)
- • A road hog (someone that doesn’t care about others on the road)
- • Down the road (at some time in the future)
- • I don't want to go down that road now (I’ll deal with it later)
- • Hit the road (leave)
- • middle of the road (not veering off to one side or the other; moderate)
- • on the road to recovery (getting well)
- • rocky road (difficult)
- • Consider the type of car or vehicle you are driving for additional insight; 18-wheelers, delivery trucks, vans, mini-vans, bus, etc., each have different characteristics and associations attached to them.
- • Consider how you feel about driving or being in the vehicle – are you feeling safe or anxious?