12-16-2015, 06:12 PM
- Our blood is continually running through our veins, carrying oxygen and nutrients to every cell in the body. Blood is our life force, our energy and in dreams may represent the same: our vitality, passion, life force and life itself.
- Violent, bloody dreams may be an indication of an emotional upheaval or a releasing of repressed anger. It may also indicate being a victim of abuse or a violent crime in waking life.
- Menstrual Blood
Menstrual blood may symbolize fertility, femininity and feminine energy; or a a loss or denial of your femininity. It may also represent anxiety over having or missing your period or a warning that your period is about to begin. Your period may represent a cyclic or recurring event. It may also be a pun on “Period!” as in “The End. There's no point in going any further.”
- Figures of Speech to Consider
Consider all of the figures of speech that reference blood. For instance, if you dream of bleeding profusely, you may feel like someone or something is "bleeding you dry."
- Having “blood on your hands” can suggest you have a guilty conscience.
These are some other common idioms related to blood that may or may not make sense in the context of your dream. You may think of others which can help you interpret what the blood in your dream means to you.
- • This is a bloody mess. (This is a messy situation that has to be cleaned up.)
- • There's bad blood between them. (unpleasant feelings or animosity)
- • My own flesh and blood (a relative).
- • Blood is thicker than water. (Family is more important.)
- • Blood, sweat and tears (a lot of effort and suffering),
- • You're only flesh and blood (you're only human)
- • A “Blood” (a member of the Bloods street gang).