12-16-2015, 11:02 PM
Dreams about knives may suggest that there is something in your life that needs to be cut out; you may need to cut ties or sever a relationship with someone; or a habit or negative behavior needs to be stopped or ‘cut out’.
- May suggest cutting something into smaller pieces to make it easier to deal with, digest or understand.
- May be a sign of anger or aggression -- yours or someone else’s.
- May represent someone with a sharp wit or sharp tongue.
- Someone holding a knife may represent someone who has control over you. You may feel this person is cutting you down, belittling you or threatening to you or your peace of mind.
- If you are holding it, you may be feeling a need to defend yourself or attack someone.
- Kind of Knives
A pocketknife may be an indication that you are hiding or repressing your anger or resentment.
- A butter knife may symbolize “buttering up” someone or “spreading” something around – i.e., charm, gossip, germs.
- A dull knife may suggest that you do not have adequate tools or resources to complete a project or task. You may be ineffective in some aspect of your life. You may be unprepared to defend yourself against attack.
These are some common idioms that mention a knife that may or may not make sense in the context of your dream. You may think of others which can help you determine what your dream of knives means to you.
- • Go under the knife (have surgery).
- • Stick the knife in (to do or say something unpleasant or in an unkind way).
- • Twist the knife (to do or say something unpleasant which makes someone who is already upset feel worse).
- • You could cut the air with a knife (a situation that is filled with anxiety and tension and you feel it's going to get worse).
- • Like a knife through butter (to do something easily).
- • Am I cutting something with the knife? If so, what and why?
- • How might that relate to something within me or my life that needs to be “cut out”?
- • Am I pointing the knife at someone or something? If so, who or what and why?
- • Is this someone I need to cut ties with or are they representing an aspect of myself I need to stop or cut out?