12-16-2015, 06:51 PM
Dreams of a cheating partner are among the most common dreams reported. These dreams are often so emotionally disturbing that it’s not unusual to accuse your partner of cheating when you wake up. In reality, cheating dreams are often related to your own low self-esteem or guilty conscience.
- Dreaming that your partner is cheating on you
May be a result of your own insecurities and fear of not being attractive or good enough. You may be feeling neglected by your partner which is feeding your insecurities and afraid that they will be leaving or abandoning you.
- May be a result of a lack of trust in the relationship. The dream offers you the chance to examine your issues with trust and the trustworthiness of your partner.
- It may be that your unconscious is picking up cues that your partner is actually cheating, or is unhappy in the relationship. The dream is offering you a warning and an opportunity to open the lines of communication before things go too far.
- To dream that you are cheating may suggest that you are not being honest with yourself about something in waking life or you may be questioning if you are cheating yourself out of something you deserve because you feel you don’t deserve it.
- May be a projection of your own infidelity or guilt over being attracted to someone else.
- Dreaming that you are cheating on your partner
May be a simple wish fulfillment or a desire for something new and exciting. The dream is providing an opportunity to safely explore your sexuality.
- It may also be a result of feeling guilty because you are finding yourself physically attracted to someone else.
- The “other” man or woman in the dream may represent your animus (the masculine aspects of a woman) or your anima (the feminine aspects of a man) which you are learning to “love”, accept and integrate within you.
- Dreaming that someone is cheating at a game
May suggest that you are not being honest with yourself about something in waking life and you are projecting your guilty conscience on to someone else.
- You may be feeling cheated out of something that you feel entitled to in waking life.
- You may have witnessed some wrongdoing during the day that only registered at a subconscious level.
- Dreaming that you are cheating at a game
May suggest that you are not being honest with yourself about something in waking life or you may have a guilty conscience over something you did during the day.
- You may be questioning if you are cheating yourself out of something you deserve because a part of you feels that you don’t deserve it.
These are some common idioms related to cheating that may or may not make sense in the context of your dream. You may think of others which can help you interpret what your dream means to you.
- • cheating death (to survive something that should be fatal).
- • Cheaters never prosper. (Someone who cheats doing business will lose clients/customers and will fail in the end.)