12-16-2015, 06:15 PM
- A boat, like all modes of transportation, may suggest addressing the path you are on in life, how fast you are moving and how much you are in control.
- May suggest addressing how much control you have over your emotions (the water).
- May suggest a willingness to explore the unconscious.
- May suggest navigating your feelings about your mother or motherhood (water/womb).
- Types of Boats
A sailboat may suggest you are just “sailing along” or it may symbolize a need to rely on external forces to move or motivate you.
- A canoe or kayak may suggest having to rely on yourself to get where you want to go, or it may be asking, “Can you?”
- A ferry may suggest commuting or traveling, going along with the crowd, or a temporary reprise from responsibility or decision making.
- A yacht may symbolize wealth or a life of leisure, being ostentatious, or showing off.
These are some common idioms that reference boats, which may or may not make sense in the context of your dream. You may think of others which can help you interpret your dream.
- • A slow boat to China (it takes a long time).
- • In the same boat as someone (in the same situation).
- • Just off the boat (to recently emigrate from another country and be naïve about the new customs).
- • Miss the boat (miss an opportunity).
- • Don’t rock the boat. (Don’t cause trouble.)
- • Whatever floats your boat. (Whatever makes you happy.)
- 1 • Am I the captain, or a passenger?
- 2 • Is the water clean and clear, or muddy and dirty?
- 3 • Is the water smooth and calm, or choppy and stormy?