12-16-2015, 05:56 PM
- As in waking life, when in the bathroom in a dream you are often dealing with the unpleasant, intimate aspects of life: relieving yourself, elimination of wastes, cleansing yourself, etc. In dreams, additional obstacles or unfortunate circumstances are usually a factor. These might include: being unable to find the bathroom, a lack of privacy, having no toilet paper available, a dirty bathroom or a clogged or overflowing toilet.
- Basically, bathroom dreams may be addressing your need to relieve yourself emotionally and/or psychologically. You may be dealing with a dirty, messy, toxic or crappy situation in waking life or are under a lot of stress. A public bathroom or restroom may suggest the dream is dealing with your social or professional life or relationships while the bathroom in a home suggests the issue may be internal or related to your home life or relationships.
- If you can't find a bathroom, it may indicate your inability to release and express your thoughts or emotions to others, or you may be afraid to reveal your true feelings. Alternately, it may be that you need to wake up and physically use the bathroom.
- If you find the restroom, you may discover there are others waiting and there no doors on the stalls or no stalls at all. Having no privacy, you are forced to do your business in font of others. In this case you may be feeling you don't have enough time to yourself or you have no personal space in waking life. If you are reluctant to take care of business in front of others you may be afraid to tell others how you really feel or to let others see you as you really are. If you can relieve yourself in front of others, you are unconcerned about what others may think of you.
- A dirty bathroom may be sign you are repressing a lot of negative emotions or you may be dealing with a lot of negative energy or negative, toxic people in waking life.
- The Toilet
The toilet itself may be dealing with your ability or inability to eliminate problems, relationships, emotions, etc. If the toilet won't flush or is clogged, you may be unwilling or unable to release your emotions or express yourself. An overflowing toilet may represent an emotional outburst or you may be feeling overwhelmed by your emotions and the stresses in life.
- The phrases, “dealing with a ‘crappy’” situation or “dealing with someone else’s ‘shit’” comes to mind.
- Toilet Paper
Having toilet paper may suggest you need to clean up a dirty mess; or you have the resources you need to complete a dirty job. Toilet paper may also suggest that you are on a "roll".
- Having no toilet paper available when you need it may be an indication that you are lacking the resources or support you need in waking life.
- The Bathroom Sink
We use the sink to wash up after taking care of the dirty business. If there is no water or no soap than you may be in need of more support or resources; or you may still have more dirty work to do or negativity to relieve. The idiom, “Wash your hands of the situation” comes to mind, so maybe you need to walk away from a negative situation in waking life.
- The Bathtub
Seeing or being in the bathtub may suggest a need to cleanse or purify yourself physically or emotionally. You may be washing away negative thoughts, ideas or habits. It may also suggest a need for self-renewal or relaxation. Think about how taking a long hot bath makes you feel.
- The phrase “take a bath” comes to mind suggesting you may be in danger or in fear of suffering a large financial loss.
- Consider the phrase “Don't throw the baby out with the bath water,” if you have a decision to make. In other words, don't discard the good along with the bad.
- The Shower
Taking a shower may symbolize the releasing of tears and emotions; or may represent cleansing or removing the negativity from oneself and/or one's life.
- May be a pun on a Bridal or Baby Shower.
- May be a pun on "show her" suggesting someone needs further insight or guidance from you.