12-16-2015, 05:50 PM
Dreaming of babies may represent an immature aspect of yourself or a new aspect of yourself that is still maturing or developing. It may also symbolize a part of you that is feeling neglected or needs to be nurtured, loved and accepted by you.
- Alternately, a baby may represent someone that is acting like a baby or someone who is naïve or innocent (possibly you).
- A baby dream may also be prodromal and is telling you that you are pregnant.
- Other dreams with babies
Changing a baby’s diaper or seeing a baby that needs to be changed may suggest changes that you need to implement in some aspect of life or within yourself.
- Dreams about babies dying may suggest that you are maturing and letting go of your babyish thinking and behavior.
- A dream about a baby drowning may suggest that your emotions are overwhelming you and you are crying like a baby – you need help to keep from drowning in your emotions.
- A sleeping baby may represent peace of mind, being happy and content with no worries in life and a clear conscience.
- If you are trying to get pregnant in waking life then dreaming about a babies may be a continuation of your waking life thoughts; or wish fulfillment. It may also be a rehearsal dream, preparing you for when you do become pregnant in waking life.
- Having baby dreams may also be due to a fear of being or getting pregnant, especially if you've recently had unprotected sex and don’t want to be pregnant.
- Seeing baby animals in a dream may indicate you are recognizing a basic animal instinct or behavior within you that is beginning to emerge and grow stronger. Consider your associations to the animal and its characteristics and traits for further analysis.
- Meanings of the Sex of the Baby in a dream
If you are a woman, a dream about a baby girl may represent your inner child or an aspect of yourself that needs to grow up or mature. A dream about a baby boy may represent an aspect of your Animus that needs to be nurtured and encouraged to mature.
- If you are a man, a dream about a baby girl may represent an aspect of your Anima that needs to be nurtured and encouraged to mature. A dream about a baby boy may represent your inner child or an aspect of yourself that needs to grow up or mature.
Here are some common idioms related to or referring to babies that may or may not make sense in the context of your dream. You may think of others which can help you determine what your baby dreams mean to you.
- • a cry baby (someone that whines or complains about nothing)
- • don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater (don't throw out something valuable in your haste to get rid of something you no longer need.)
- • like taking candy from a baby (it's easy)
- • a baby boomer (someone born between 1945 and 1965)
- • left holding the baby (stuck with taking care of someone else’s responsibility)
- • Have I been acting like a baby in waking life?
- • What part of me do I need to love and nurture?
- • Am I being too naïve about something?
- • Do I need to grow up or take responsibility for myself and my actions?