12-17-2015, 09:07 AM
- 1 May symbolize needing to take another step to finish the job (the project, the idea, etc) completely (think of raking the grass after mowing the lawn).
- 2 May symbolize an end to some cyclical period in one's life. Doing the final 'cleanup' in order to move to the next stage or 'season' of my life.
- 3 Would consider the phrase 'raking in the cash' - I may be in a period of prosperity as long as I put the work into it.
- 4 May represent an immoral, lewd or degenerate person.
- 1 Rake someone over the coals (severely reprimand).
- 2 Muck-raking (uncover unpleasant information about someone to make it public).
- 3 Rake over the ashes/coals (remember or talk about a unpleasant event from the past).