12-17-2015, 12:52 AM
- 1 Rarely do we live and work in the same place all our waking lives. We often move from one house to another and/or from one job to another and so dreaming of moving may represent may suggest that you are going through a major life change – leaving the past behind and preparing for what lies ahead.
- 2 Alternately, moving may represent a need or desire to ‘move on’ to something new; or it may represent an end to a relationship or other major aspect of life.
- 3 Dreaming of packing a suitcase or boxes may symbolize putting the past behind; you may be holding on to too many things, issues or memories and need to let something go; you may be preparing for a change in life.
- 4 Packing boxes may suggest you are trying to hide or repress your emotions or memories. Unpacking boxes may indicate you are ready to deal with the issues you have been repressing or denying.
- 5 Packing a suitcase may represent the burdens, or baggage (old hurts and memories), you are carrying around with you. Unpacking a suitcase may suggest you are ready to release or let go of these burdens or extra baggage.
- 6 Consider the figures of speech that may apply:
1) make a move (take action)
2) Move over! (give me room; get out of my way)
3) Moving out/moving on (leaving and going on to something new)
4) Moving up (to advance to a higher rank or level)
5) pack it in (give up)
6) a pack of lies (everything said is a lie)
7) a pack rat (someone who saves everything)
You may think of others that make sense in the context of your dream.