12-16-2015, 10:44 PM
- 1 Since we spend 40 or more hours a week at our jobs, it shouldn’t be surprising to dream of work, your boss and/or your coworkers.
- 2 Dreams of work may be referring to your job or be job related; you may be overworked or you may be anxious about a work related project a goal. It may be pointing out that you have to worker harder to achieve a goal or complete a project; or that you have forgotten to complete a crucial task. It may be a reminder of a job or responsibility that you have been putting off. You may be bringing your work home with you – your constant thinking about work is continuing into your dreams.
- 3 It may be telling you that you have a job to do, which may or may not have anything to do with your current job. It may be referring to a job you have to do involving your “life’s work” – something you need to accomplish during this lifetime.
- 4 It may be symbolizing a need to do some physical/emotional/spiritual work on yourself.
- 5 There may be a relationship you need to work at improving.
- 6 If you dream you are looking for a job and you are currently working, it may be highlighting your dissatisfaction with your job and your desire to quit; or it may be warning you that you are in danger of being fired; or you may just be afraid that you may be fired.
- 7 A dream of looking for a job and you are currently out of work may be providing clues as to where you should apply or what you should really be doing.
- 8 Think of the figures of speech that reference work:
1) It's in the works (it's started)
2) Make short work of (easy)
3) Out of work (unemployed)
4) Workout (exercise)
5) Work over (bully or beat up)
6) an inside job (a crime committed by someone within the company or business)
7) don't quit your day job (you're not good enough to live off of what you do for fun)
8) fall down on the job (to not do your job well)
9) blow job (a sexual act)
10) snow job (a deceptive story that hides the truth; a lie)
You may think of others that make sense in the context of your dream.
- 1 an inside job (a crime committed by someone within the company or business)
- 2 don't quit your day job (you're not good enough to live off of what you do for fun)
- 3 fall down on the job (to not do your job well)
- 4 blow job (a sexual act)
- 5 snow job (a deceptive story that hides the truth; a lie)